Saturday 10 March 2012

Beautiful Stitches

No tutorial today, but I will get onto that applique pattern tutorial soon, I promise.

I went to the library yesterday so that I could pick up this book that I had requested, on interloan, no less.  I'm hoping that I will be able to get an idea of how to grade some of my patterns simply...lets hope it works!  So far, I'm not sure if I'll be able to understand it, never having done a single class in pattern drafting.  I've heard good things about it.  I've only got the book for three weeks, sadly.  I'm hoping that I will have time to study it enough to have a go with at least one pattern.  It cost me $7 to get it on interloan, I tried to get it from the public library, but sadly it was one of those books stuck in a box in a container somewhere, from one of the libraries that are still shut after the earthquake.  Ah well, luckily I don't have anything worse to complain about.

Anyhoo, while I was at the library, I remembered that there was an embroidery exhibition on, and just managed to keep the Young Lad interested enough to let me have a quick look...Miss Missy thought it was boring, and ran off to get herself some books.  Here are some photos of this spectacular stitchery (of course, I didn't have a camera with me, so couldn't take any of my own).  The little flowers in white squares (5th photo) is a detail of an entire cushion, it was truly stunning, such tiny stitches.

Also on the topic of embroidery, I have a little project waiting to be started that involves hand embroidering letters, and I found this fantastic tutorial series.  This is the final installment, there are 15 tutorials in all, so lots of wonderful ideas if you've even wondered how to go about it.

Happy Crafting!  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all!